28 Dec 2011

Christmas Week

Christmas in Boulder







Skiing at Eldora near Nederland



Me with my beautiful Vancouver Canucks sweatshirt. Just over 5 months until they are in the Stanley Cup Finals



Christmas lunch was here - egg nog milkshakes and fresh donuts



Monday I did my first run with my Boulder Trail Runner club - an hour in the dark with headlights. It was a good time

Tuesday Hudson did his 3rd summit of Green Mountain (the shorter route from Flagstaff) and he was quite pleased. Later that evening the curmudgeonly Leadville Chuck and his patient witty wife Melissa came up from Denver for cocktails - my choice was Soy Nog with Gibson's whiskey

Today I ran Bergen Peak in Evergreen. It's a tough run, a 9.4-mile round trip with 1,800' of gain to 9,685'. Today was a bit challenging with very strong winds - knocked 3 trees over the trail in the two hours I was there and kept covering trails with deep snow drifts nearer the top. Here is a short video from the top



Longs Peak Not sure - maybe Mount Evans et al



Pikes Peak



Evergreen