11 Jun 2010

Boulder 1 of 2: Leaving New Mexico

Well, we left New Mexico after 2 months. What an awesome place (Northern New Mexico)

The final Friday I was going to do my final 13-miler before my half marathon Sunday (the 13th) in Estes Park, CO. It didn't go so well. I was trying a new trail, one that was in Tesuque (where we stayed) and went to the ski resort. Unfortunately the trail disappeared into seasonal rivers after 2 miles. So, I turned around and ran back to the car. Unfortunately I tripped along the way and went flying down the slope. Ouch



I woke up early Saturday (5am) to get my 13-miles in on the usual trails and then off we went

We loaded up The Grumpus...



Here are a few scenes along the way in New Mexico:





It was hot and did hit 100







And, sadly, leaving New Mexico...



...but back in beautiful Colorado















After several hours we passed through Colorado Springs. I think this is Pike's Peak through the rain and a dirty windshield







A few hours later and we were in Denver







We arrived at the house and had a few cocktails on our back porch, watching storms in the distance







Pics of Boulder in the next update...

No comments:

Post a Comment