9 Dec 2012

December in Seattle

Arrived in Seattle last Sunday night after a 1,300 mile drive. Left Boulder Saturday morning - me in the Subaru with Hudson and Maureen in the Explorer. Swung by Legion Park to take a few last pics





Headed out I-25N and swung through Fort Collins on US-287



Then it was 340 miles on I-80 in Wyoming









Wyoming has little traffic and is 75 MPH the whole way. Only problem - these signs have been up the 3 years we've been travelling and generally for good reason



After 200 miles the "Check Engine" light came on. Shit. All seemed ok and it turned off 300 miles later



Billboards on I-80 try to get you excited for Little America for 100 miles. Little America is actually a town with a population of 68. Despite a median household income of $18K no one is below the poverty line





Spent the night in Utah





Sunday headed out solo - Maureen & Hudson stayed with her Dad a few nights. 1st stop a gas station with a sense of humor and powerful winds





Idaho





Oregon







Washington





It was sunny through most of Oregon and Washington - until I hit I-90. By the time I hit Snoqualmie Pass in the dark it was raining with fog and standing water. Yuck

It's great being back - yesterday we got up to Snohomish, did a lap of Green Lake with Hudson and hit the Burke-Gilman trail. It also sucks after sunny Boulder: