18 Dec 2010

Snoqualmie Valley Trail

One of the best runs I did this time back in Redmond - before I became a slacker - was the Snoqualmie Valley Trail (SVT). The SVT is 31 miles and goes from Duvall through Carnation, Fall City and Snoqualmie before ending in North Bend

http://www.duvallwa.gov/appsformspubs/SnoqValleyTrailMap.pdf

I went from Carnation to Duvall, an 8-mile stretch. Here is where I started:





Much of this area is farmland of some sorts



It was chilly - this marsh is frozen. Probably not enough for skating











Storm clouds that stayed far enough away



No beavers this day but plenty of ducks





At the end in Duvall



Afterwards we went up to Snoqualmie and North Bend. Trains seem to be a big deal in Snoqualmie - I think this train does a short loop and there were long lines



Mt Si totally covered in clouds



Funny - lived in the area off-and-on over 12 years and I never had any idea we had elk

No comments:

Post a Comment